Zulie Perfect Fans -Hollywood Blog on Celebrity Friends, Modeling, Acting

Friday, April 6, 2018

A few Secrets in some of Steven Spielberg Films

Here is how I got the secrets I will share. My former partner, who lived with me in the US, and I worked on a prop and militaria business . We created the logo, the name ,the graphics design , invested into clothing for the site with design work , the website,  the details to make sure the site came up high in ranking. He was a computer programmer who spent hours updating and making the graphics perfect. We handled so much detailed work behind the scenes of the site that it was a huge investment in time and effort, but we loved it. It took me hours of work on the sales in order to satisfy the questions people had. I gained a lot of knowledge through other military sources on the tech stuff of the Museum pieces I sold. My partner at the time was once in the military so he had a great knowledge base from hands on experience. My schooling in marketing  and sales, promotions, art and technical knowledge came in handy as we built a company that had a big impact at the time. Once we met the people involved in these films, our friendship took off. We had a mutual interest in History that was the basis of many conversations on technical aspects of the equipment used on both sides of World War II.  We built the business on our own with a lot of good old fashioned elbow grease and kindness. The Museums and collectors knew my voice while they built a bond with me. It was complicated but in any good product there is always a large investment in time, creativity, tech experience and more. In the end, I could handle technical discussions on most WWII big guns and even the little guns per say like Lugers. It was exciting to learn. At some point for those Militaria buffs, I will go into some of the technical stuff that contributed to some of the results of certain events in WWII for example comparing the usage of the STG over the K98 and its impact on German infantry.  These tips apply to any business now on with the show or behind the scenes of the show.

Some of Steven Spielberg's  classic and all time favorite movies are Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers have great stories behind them. I had the opportunity to work with the technical staff from both of those films and many other big budget films. I was art of the staff that were permitted to find new housing for some of the most expensive and highly collectible pieces in those films. Some of the items I work with were the opening credit Bofors in Band of Brothers, stunt man guns, heavy artillery guns and other equipment. I got to place them in Museums and in the arms of WWII Reenactor's. I was the one who worked with these guys for hours at a time trying to find the right homes for each piece. The time spent was amazing since I enjoyed every minute of it. There was a studious side as I earned how to communicate with the collectors, Museums and the original owners of each piece. Lots of laughs went on as I discovered a lot about each person and their own story link to each set.
Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg films
The Bofors Gun I was working with to find a permanent home after filming. Pete often spoke of how his family loved climbing on it as it was kept in his yard.

I learned so much from the people I worked with and they always had a generous ear to share their stories with me. One of my friends Pete , had his daughters in the film and he has a Luger that was buried in the mud during the filming. 
Things to look for in Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan. For example if you watch them storming the beach in Saving Ryan, you will see the gungs kind of sway in the background. The guns the extras had in storming the beach were very lightweight. They did not have much weight in them. In Band of Brothers they added a steel rod through the center of the  plastic guns to make them more stable. The stuntman's guns that were used in both Ryan and Band of Brothers were all black , they were weighted like the real guns so that when they were used the stunts were more realistic. 
Simon Atherton used my friends guns for many of the big and little guns used. The K98 used as the sniper gun in the watchtower scene of Saving Private Ryan used by a stunt man was also the same gun used in Band of Brothers as a stunt gun but the scope was melted off. That gun was then blown off a building and that caused the tip of the gun to be damaged.Only the steel rod of the gun showed on the tip .The plastic that covered the original stunt gun was gone. The melting off of the Ryan scope caused damage in the top of the gun as well. 

The extras in both films went through basic training and it was very tough.Some of the guys quit and went home but the ones who stuck it out were really in for an amazing adventure. 
More stories from behind the scenes and more adventures to come.


If you want to learn more about me, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, David Spade, Peyton Manning ,Ricky Gervais, Michael Buble or other celebrities check out my sites.
www.zuliesfans.com
https://pro-labs.imdb.com/name/nm8203600/